Which Caribbean Medical School is Right For You?

Caribbean Medicine puts you on the right track in your pursuit of a medical career in the US, Canada and beyond.

Caribbean Medicine has compiled a comprehensive list of J1 Visa information from all 50 states.

More information for physicians with J1 visas:
Due to the many requests for information from physicians with J1 visas, the 3R Net urges these physicians to only contact the locations listed below. For information regarding Health Professional Shortage Areas go to: Bureau of Primary Health Care. A very good source for more information for physicians with J1 visas is the Rural Assistance Center.

Choose Country To Apply J-1 Visa

  • Alabama

    Contact Person: Janice Cook

    Office Department: Alabama Department of Public Health
    Office of Primary Care & Rural Health

    Address: RSA Tower, Suite 1040 Montgomery, AL 36104

    Telephone: 334-206-5610

    Fax: 334-206-5434

    Email: [email protected]

    J-1 Visa: Please visit the Alabama Office of Primary Care and Rural Health website for specific information on Alabama's State-30 and Appalachian Regional Commission J-1 Visa Waiver Programs including policies, required application documents, and other information.

    To learn more about the J-1 Visa Program, visit our website at www.adph.org/ruralhealth.

  • Alaska

    Contact Person: Triptaa Surve

    Office Department: State of Alaska DHSS
    Health Planning & Systems Development

    Address: 3601 C St., Suite 990 Anchorage, AK 99503

    Telephone: (907) 334-2640

    Fax: (907) 561-3011

    Email: [email protected]

    J-1 Visa: Alaska participates in the State Conrad 30 program but we do not provide direct recruitment services for J1 candidates. Opportunities for J1 physicians in Alaska are limited. Specialties are accepted.

    To request a State of Alaska Conrad 30 waiver recommendation letter, candidates need to:
    1) apply for a J-1 Visa waiver through the U.S. Department of State;
    2) get a waiver review case number from U.S. Department of State;
    3) secure an employment contract with a medical facility in a HPSA, signed by the candidate and the head of the facility, to provide patient care for at least 40 hours per week for a 3-year term;
    4) send required information to Mark Millard at the Alaska Dept. of Health and Social Services.
    Workforce Information

  • Arizona

    Contact Person: Fabian Valle

    Office Department: Workforce Programs, Office of Health Systems Development (HSD) AZ
    Dept. of Health Services (ADHS)

    Address: 1740 W. Adams Room 410 Phoenix, AZ 85007

    Telephone: 602-542-1066

    Fax: 602-542-2011 (mark Attn: J-1 Visa Waiver)

    Email: [email protected]

    J-1 Visa: PLEASE NOTE: The 3RNet Arizona 3RNet state page/Rural Recruitment & Retention program does not have information about J-1 employment opportunities, waivers, or sites. Please contact the Arizona Department of Health Services, Health Systems Development at (520) 542-1219.

    Other Notes: For Federal HRSA J-1 and Arizona State information go the following links: http://www.globalhealth.gov/newguidelines1.shtml

    Visit the HSD website for more information on the J-1 Visa Waiver Program
  • Arkansas

    Contact Person: Randall Anderson

    Email: J-1 CVs to [email protected]

    J-1 Visa: MESSAGE TO J-1 VISA PRACTITIONERS: Please contact Arkansas hospitals and clinics directly to discuss employment opportunities, do not contact the J-1 Visa Waiver Program. If you receive a job offer, the hiring facility or your immigration attorney will contact the J-1 office to obtain a J-1 waiver on your behalf. Waivers are not issued directly to practitioners. Please do not contact a facility if the Arkansas job description says "Not a J-1 Visa site." NO PHONE CALLS TO THE J-1 /PRIMARY CARE OFFICE .

    Other Notes: NO J-1 call please.